Sunday, March 4, 2012

Introduction

Welcome everyone! 

I am so pleased and excited to work on my very first blog. I created this blog as an assignment for an online class that I am participating in at Walden University: Understanding the Impact of Technology on Education, Work, and Society. After spending considerable time trying to come up with a clever and catchy name, I realized that sometimes simple is better. I have named this blog My Learning Journey into Technology because it best represents the fact that technology will be an ongoing thing in my life without a final destination in mind; not meaning to sound cliché.

I am already in a bit of a quandary, though. Since I am the type of person that likes to throw my ‘all’ into a project, I have discovered that I am already spending far too much time playing in the blog world, looking up templates for cool looking blogs, and investigating all of the interesting links and resources for class that you all are sharing. I am going to have to set a timer or something, because I have a job as a high school Reading teacher and serve on several school improvement and curriculum related committees that keep me pretty busy as well. I look forward to this journey and am most looking forward to the wonderful ideas and resources that will engage my students in doing something different with technology in my classroom.



2 comments:

Prudy Jo's Technology SpEd Blog said...

I totally understand where you are coming from. I also made my frist blog for this class and found as I was making my blog I could not wait to add more or read other people's blogs.
I look forward to reading your blogs!

Judy said...

Hi, Lauri. This comment is a test to make sure your blog is ready to receive comments from your Blog Links group.

Judy Trask, Instructor

Post a Comment